The Past



On This Page

Modern Day Cowboys

Back Home


CATEGORIES







September 06, 2006

Modern Day Cowboys

By Kanrei
As usual, the Drudge Report is ruining an otherwise great day. It really has been a wonderful day for me. I will not get into it, but let’s just say it is one for the movie.

To cap off my day, I decided to surf the internet and see what is going on, then I stumble onto Drudge Report and see this:

SHOWDOWN: IRAN PRESIDENT PLANS TRIP TO NYC; SPEECH AT UNITED NATIONS


In the back of my head I immediately heard “It's a showdown in the no man's land, for the cowboy of the modern day/ Come sundown, don't be hangin' round, 'cos the cowboy'll blow you away”. It’s a song called “Modern Day Cowboy” by a metalish band named Tesla from the 80’s. The song was written before its time and speaks of the U.S.S.R. where I think it means the Middle East. It pops in my head quite a bit when this subject comes up actually.
“Stormy night under jet black skies, Billy pulls into town
the thunder rolled and the lightning bolts come crashin' to the ground
Cold as ice, hard as stone, as he walks into the room
With another man who was feeling the same way, all hell's breakin' loose”


Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will be giving a speech at the United Nations on Tuesday, September 19th at 7pm. President Ahmad…to-long-to-type as expressed interest in debating Bush. He is quoted in the Drudge story as saying "My forthcoming visit to New York for the UN General Assembly would be a suitable opportunity to hold the debate and all world people, especially the Americans, could hear and watch it without censorship."
“Al Capone and the Bad Boy Jones, on the wrong side of the law
Johnny D and his company, always first to the draw,
Gangster lean, feelin' so mean, try to take more than their share
'Cos all they saw was ruling it all, the scent of blood was in the air”


Now on this very same day, President Bush will also be giving a speech at the United Nations at 11:30 in the morning. I am curious if Bush will debate Ahmad… or not. I know I would not. There is little to gain in such a format because the dilemma is one that threatens the entire world and not just the United States. The debate must therefore involve the entire world and not just be between Bush and Ahmad…

If I were Bush, I would give my speech that morning, meet with Ahmad… when he arrives and shake hands and “blah blah blah” with him, but not debate him. Insist it be a multi-nation talk. We already know Bush is bad at debating. Bet you did not expect me to side with Bush, huh?
“So here we are and we've come this far, but it's only getting worse
Foreign lands with their terrorist demands, only cause the good to hurt
The U.S.A., the U.S.S.R., with their six-guns to their side
I see the message, written on the wall, too much anger deep inside”


The truly disturbing part of all of this is that Hugo Chavez is giving a speech at the United Nations the day after. Before the speeches, Hugo and Ahmad… are attending a “summit of Non-Aligned Movement countries.” According to the Drudge Report, this is a 116-nation group and so far their members that I know of hate us and are meeting 91 miles off of our coast. More to the point, they are 91 miles from this house.

What scares me so much is that Hugo is already trying to become better friends with Castro. Fidel is evil, but he is incredibly smart and would not take such a deal. The problem is that Fidel is not really in command right now, Raul is. Raul is evil like Fidel, and he is sadistic as well, but he is stupid from everything I hear in Miami. Even the people who hate Castro like Jews hate Hitler will say he is smart. They do not say the same of Raul.

Raul will join this group to give him the backing he will need to remain in power when his 80 year old brother dies. With Syria and Venezuela already allowing Visa-free travel between the countries and declaring they oppose the US, I smell bad things ahead if Syria, Iran, Venezuela, and Cuba form an alliance.
“Bang bang, shoot 'em up, bang bang, blow you away
It's a showdown in the no man's land, for the cowboy of the modern day
Come sundown, don't be hangin' round, 'cos the cowboy'll blow you away”


We are approaching a situation where World War Three is going to erupt. I can feel it in the pit of my stomach and it feels awful. I honestly do not know what can be done to prevent it at this point.

I can only beg the nation to take the Florida open boarder problem more seriously. I have a horrible feeling it may be the next front and I am terrified.

Comments on "Modern Day Cowboys"

 

post a comment
Special thank you to Sir John's World for allowing use of "Lemmings" artwork.
All writings on this blog are original works of Kanrei unless otherwise linked and/or credited.
Back Home


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.