The Past



On This Page

President Harris or the End of the World: Tough Choice

Back Home


CATEGORIES







August 24, 2006

President Harris or the End of the World: Tough Choice

By Kanrei

Sometimes I cannot help but believe in a G-d. Things just happen “out of the blue” that are just too perfectly timed to have happened randomly. There has to be a hand guiding these things. Sure, we could miss them, but something put them there for us to notice in the first place.

Just yesterday I was complaining about how all of our politicians have been too quiet lately and I have been reduced to writing about celebrity gossip. I love pop culture, but I hate celebrity gossip. The problem is it has been the only news that has been different lately. Everything else is the same story from a year ago and it sucks as a blogger. Today I got a gift from G-d and I was lucky enough to have taken notice. Thank you G-d and thank you Raw Story for finding my salvation from celebrity gossip hell.

Florida Baptist Witness has been in publication since 1884 and is the weekly news journal of the Florida Baptist State Convention. The purpose of their newsletter is to provide “news and information about Southern Baptist ministries across the United States and around the world, as well as discussion of current issues of interest to all Christians.” Although probably not on the internet since 1884, they are now and they have an interview with the “Wicked Witch of the 2000 Election” herself: Rep Katherine Harris.

This interview has convinced me beyond any shadow of any possible doubt that she is not just the wrong choice for Florida, but she has larger plans that are bad for America. Just the name Katherine Harris gives me chills and I already know I will not be sleeping tonight because the interview had a photo, but sometimes one must do things to defend their country and exposing Katherine Harris is my duty.

It starts off as a very cliché election year interview. She talks about how perfect her record is and how no one else could beat Florida incumbent Bill Nelson this year. She describes Bill Nelson as left of Hillary so he cannot be the moderate he claims. Like I said, all expected and then came the bomb.

Being interviewed by the Florida Baptist Witness, I expected a religious slant, but she took the ball and just ran without looking back. It is almost as if she either forgets there are non-Christians in Florida or she just does not care about them. In fact, she outright brags about voting with the Christian Coalition and "other traditional values groups" 100% of the time. The Christian Coalition is onlt a small percent of Florida. As a Senator she will have to represent the entire state, not just those she feels deserve a voice.

She has no concept of the principles this government was founded on either and brags of that as well. “If we are the ones not actively involved in electing those godly men and women and if people aren’t involved in helping godly men in getting elected than we’re going to have a nation of secular laws. That’s not what our founding fathers intended and that’s certainly isn’t what G-d intended.” The founding fathers intended secular laws and she speaks for the All Mighty now? Is this really someone we want as a Senator? Don’t answer yet because it gets better, I mean worse.

How does she feel about Gay Marriage or Civil Rights for Gay People? “Civil rights have to do with individual rights and I don’t think they apply to the gay issues." Gay people are not individuals? "I have not supported gay marriage and I do not support any civil rights actions with regard to homosexuality.” Now that is just cold hearted evil even beyond the typical GOP standards. I can understand opposing gay marriage. I do not agree with that position, but I can understand it, but what is up with “I do not support any civil rights actions with regard to homosexuality”? Even the Republican position allows for civil rights. That is too extreme of a view point to give her a six year job.

I do not believe she has plans to sit in the Senate for six years if she wins anyway. She lays out her plans very clearly at the end of the interview when asked why Baptists should care about the upcoming primary. “What happens in Florida sets the trend for what happens nationally…whoever wins Florida will win the presidency” It seems she wants the presidency down the line and that is why she wants the Senate so badly.

We cannot allow her to fulfill her evil plan to transform America into a Fundamentalist Christian nation that looks down on the non-Christians. Again, from her own words: “whenever we legislate sin and say abortion is permissible and we say gay unions are permissible, then average citizens who are not Christians, because they don’t know better, we are leading them astray and it’s wrong…”

As a non-Christian, I am personally offended by that remark. I hope everyone reads those words for what they are: elitist, bigoted crap. I am not opposed to Christianity at all and I actually have quite a bit of respect for the teachings of that faith, I only with those who claim to follow it would have some respect for the teachings.

If you’re not electing Christians then in essence you are going to legislate sin.” That statement is not only narrow-minded, but weird. Narrow-minded because she speaks as if only Christians have an understanding of sin and weird because I though "G-d is the one who chooses our rulers." That would mean G-d legislates sin.

She believes that if she loses, then they “will take western civilization, indeed other nations”. She is placing herself between the end of the world and Heaven I think. I am not really sure who "they" are, but it appears that one she can save us from "them".

She is so delusional that I actually fear her. I do not think she can win, but that does not mean she will not beat Bill Nelson. She has cheated in elections before and I will never place it below her to do again. In her mind, she could justify it as work in G-d’s name. “You know we’re covered with, our sins are covered with His blood and so we are blameless before Him. We are as white as snow.”


Comments on "President Harris or the End of the World: Tough Choice"

 

post a comment
Special thank you to Sir John's World for allowing use of "Lemmings" artwork.
All writings on this blog are original works of Kanrei unless otherwise linked and/or credited.
Back Home


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.